Monday, 26 September 2011

Audition, actually

We had our auditions on Saturday for our younger male lead and while I haven't auditioned for something in many years, this is the very first time I've been on the other side of the desk. Turns out it's pretty much as nerve-wracking as being the auditionee. And it goes on for longer, too. When you're the one running the audition, there's the pressure of being in charge, but I think we managed to pretend that we knew what we were doing. It helped that we rented the rehearsal space at Rapier Wit for the process and that Scott Moyle was willing to come out and be our person-wrangler. Thanks, Scotty! Also, the large chai latte from Second Cup. As an Executive Producer, I feel that's an absolute must. And we seem to have been successful: we have asked Robert Eaton to be our James and even though he had to rearrange his October travel plans, he's accepted the role. Now on to costuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment